East Roswell Forum Opening 10/11/09
I would like to thank everyone for coming tonight. I know you are here because you love Roswell as much as I do.
I am going to talk about what I have done to make the East side of Roswell a great place to live.
Then I am going to talk about how we make it even better.
Under my leadership and with your help, the City of Roswell has:
*Annexed over 3,000 acres east of GA 400, including this high school and many of your neighborhoods.
* We invested over $35 million east of GA 400 to buy 243 acres of parkland, including Big Creek Park, Garrard Landing Park, and the East Roswell Park expansion.
* We persuaded the Fulton County Library Board to build a new library east of GA 400 at a cost of $11 million, scheduled to open in two years.
* We built a new Fire Station east of GA 400 at a cost of $3 million.
* We spent $3.1 million to build new sidewalks east of GA 400.
* We cut your city property tax rate 17%.
I am proud to say that in 2007 Roswell was named the third best place to raise a family in America.
I want you to help me make East Roswell an even better place to live.
To do this:
* I am asking the City to build a new road and bridge over GA 400 connecting East and West Roswell.
* I am working with property owners on Holcomb Bridge Road to help them fill empty spaces.
(I am currently talking with the Mimms, who own Kings Market, and Peter DeBenedictis, who works for the owner of the TJ’s shopping center.)
* I will ask the City to complete sidewalks on both sides of Holcomb Bridge Road all the way to Ellard and along Old Alabama Road all the way to John’s Creek.
I am working with our neighboring cities and our state legislators to re-create Milton County.
For 12 years I have worked successfully to make East Roswell a great place to live. If your re-elect me, I promise to make East Roswell even better.
I would appreciate your vote on November 3rd.
Mayor Jere Wood